Sony Pro Mini DV HD Digital Master HDV PHDVM-63DM Item # : SO-PHDVM63DM
*Due to video tape shortage we are subject to
supply and demand for each of the stocks.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The New PHDVM63DM has all the advances that you have come to expect from Sony DigitalMASTER™:
• Dual Layer of active magnetic material to produce a tape with fewer errors and less dropouts than Mini-DV tape.
• 30% more Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating for a more durable tape
But the PHDVM63DM has been improved especially for the demand of the new HDV recording technology:
• A new Advanced Metal Evaporated II (AME-II) technology that uses a greater packing density of magnetic grains for higher output and lower noise. This results in 95% fewer errors and 60% less dropouts compared with Mini-DV tape.
• An enforced DLC layer for increased durability with improved headwear and still frame characteristics.
• A newly developed lubricant system to reduce friction for optimum stability under a wide range of operating conditions.
Something to consider: Errors and dropouts are hazards that appear visually as intermittent blocks that can easily ruin any project. The effects of these hazards are amplified in HDV: Because HDV records in such high density, dropouts and errors affect more frames which could potentially lead to a greater disaster than what would occur with standard definition formats.
The result, the highest quality tape made even better! And just as with the predecessors to the PHDM63DM, this tape is Sony’s best performing media for use in all Mini-DV, DVCAM & HDV applications.